Saturday, January 17, 2015

Hard week! Simple Saturday


What else can I say, but this week sucked. It was long and hard and cold, and long and hard, oh yeah, and it was cold. I adore the winter, really I do. But when your fingers get frost bitten while you are trying to get your mittens out the purse, it is way too cold. And the cold was the easy part of the week. Work has been frustrating to say the least. Changes in protocol causing added steps to make sure you are doing all you can to make certain the bottom line is above the line is a pain in the assets. So this weekend I don't want to do anything that is going to require too many steps or make me dirty more than one mixing bowl. So this means breakfast is the only meal I'm cooking today, oh yea I made some cupcakes (more on those later), but again, one bowl; and really there're cupcakes, we can always make a mess for cupcakes.


Hash Brown & Chorizo Waffles



Step 1: Heat waffle iron to Medium 
Step 2: Grate two small russet potatoes, using cheesecloth or strong paper towel squeeze grated spuds to remove excess water
Step 3: Mix in 2 tablespoons of flour, ¼ tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt, and a pinch of black pepper



Step 4: Mix in 2 large eggs

Step 5: Butter waffle iron and scoop Hash brown mixture into center, close lid, open when steam subsides

Step 6: Eat!!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment