Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dinner with my sister.

How many of you out there have sisters? I do and I love her, but sometimes.....

Fortunately this was not one of those times. I asked her over for dinner, I was in the mood to cook and I wanted risotto. Yeah I know, risotto! Cremini Mushroom Risotto with Sofrito Marinated Ribeye--deelish-ious (sometimes I get these urges for the difficult, this dinner being no exception).

I was able to procure an entire ribeye on the cheap a few weeks back and I have a freezer full of ribeye, somebody has to eat it :-). In the cupboard was a box of arborio rice that I purchased with the plans to make rice pudding, but obviously plans changed. So after twenty minutes of listening to my sister whine about being hungry as i stired, and stired, and stired the risotto we had a very nice meal :P



So today my friends I gift you with the Sofrito Marinade I made for the Ribeye.

For the Sofrito:
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1 medium sweet chile (ajicito dulce, they resemble jamican hot peppers but are sweet*)
1 small bunch of cilantro (coriander)
1 leaf of culantro (spiny coriander, black benny coriander, saw leaf herb)
2 cloves of garlic.
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste

1/4 cup good olive oil
1 tsp brown mustard
1 tsp worcestershire sauce


Put all the ingredients for the sofrito, mustard and worcestershire sauce in a food processor (or blender) and pulse a few times. Next with the processor running drizzle in the olive oil (you can whisk it in if you choose). Taste again for salt and pepper add more if you wish and pour over your ribeye steaks. Makes enough to marinate 2-3 12oz steaks. Pop into fridge and marinate at least 2 hours, if your going to marinate overnight go easy on the salt.

After 2 hours in the fridge marinating

Pan seared Ribeye

Ajicito Pepper (Sweet Chile)
photo for ajicito courtesy of shutterstock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment